March 19, 2008

how's the weather?

Some nights I can barely keep my eyes open past 9:00. And lately, it's been more like most nights. I don't know if it's the gloomy weather or because of Daylight Savings Time or what, but I'm just so sleepy!

The problem with snoozing this early, though, is that I miss the 10:00 news and its all-important weather forecast. Spring in Chicago means wacky weather, and unless you want to be the only one standing on the El platform in a skirt and sandals while everyone else bustles by in parkas and hats, it's best to never miss the weather forecast this time of year.

I wouldn't have to worry about sleeping through it if I knew I could wake up and check my own nifty Enamel Thermometer from Basic French. These indoor/outdoor thermometers have just the right amount of retro flair, and the colors are bright and lively. I am loving the lime, and even though I know it can't tell me whether the weather will rain or shine, it shows me the temp and sure looks good doing it!

No comments: