February 21, 2008

this thing about poufs

I love the term and I love the many interpretations on this basic design. The "pouf" is a perfect addition to any family room because it's cozy and kid-friendly. As a piece of furniture, it's versatile and can transform from a footstool to an extra seat in a snap. And it's great to lean against if you want to sit on the floor to play games or watch TV. Here are a few poufs that I am swooning over.


(counterclockwise from top: Bovist Pouf designed by Hella Jongerius at RetroModern.com; Flocks Pouf from Design Within Reach; and Leather Poufs from Tazi Designs.)

And of course, I am still loving the Gum Drop Pillows by Amy Butler that I posted about here.

2 comments:

karey m. said...

you're right...it's the word.

i find i'm anti-beanbag. pro-pouf.

Anonymous said...

Definitely anti-beanbag... that's so eighties. Poufs are definitely for the new millenium!