February 28, 2008

love and friendship captured

Isn't it funny how the internet can lead you to so many different places and people and things that you otherwise never would have heard of? Thank goodness for that or I'd feel like I'm missing out on so much! And I never would have gotten to "know" all the amazing bloggers out there with daily posts that not only entertain and inspire but also offer practical advice and "been there/done that" stories to assure me that I'm not the only one...

So today I was reading my dailies, and it was after I stopped by CookieMag, that I followed a link over to Plover to check out their amazing collection of organic bedding {which I will definitely post about soon!} Then I followed a link to Annie Beedy Photography, and this is where I stopped to check out her stunning portfolio and catch my breath from all that internet surfing.

Annie has captured the spirit of love and companionship in her photographs. The warm embrace between grandmother and granddaughter, a mother and her daughters giggling on what I imagine to be a warm summer afternoon, a pair of wrinkled hands on a woman who I think surely must have many stories to tell. These are the photos that show life in its most simple moments. Photos that remind me of what's important.

The photos above are a few of my favorites from Annie. I hope you like them as much as I do.

5 comments:

karey m. said...

ugh. those grammy hands...break my heart! send me straight back to my childhood...

this is life. what a gift.

Anonymous said...

That was really well written, Kristin. Not that you don't write creatively, inspirationally and about real-life "good stuff" other times. But it was one of those feel good reads (especially after long day) that you only experience every once in a while.

blah said...

Those grandmother's hands - those grandmother's hand.....

I must call my grandmother :-)

Joslyn said...

yes...those hands...stunning.

Anonymous said...

Karey, Elly, Bright/Beautiful, and Joslyn - I'm so glad you liked them and found inspiration in them like I do. I think we probably all want to hug our grandmothers after seeing that!