July 15, 2008

bottoms up!

I’m so not the type who waits for a special occasion to break out the bubbly. It’s too tasty to have only at weddings or for ringing in the New Year. Nope, I’ll enjoy a glass any old night of the week, for no special reason at all.

And after finding these, now I really want to have a glass: Wild Hibiscus Flowers in Syrup.

Just drop a bud into the bottom of a glass, pour in some of the sweet pink syrup, top it off with champagne (or anything else that fizzes), and watch as it slowly blooms into a dazzling flower. The makers say the edible buds taste like raspberry and rhubarb… a perfect complement to champagne.

At only $13.95 for a jar of eleven, I think these are definitely worth a try. Cheers!

Wild Hibiscus Flowers in Syrup available via Firebox

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

yum! When can we have some???

Kristin said...

Hi Jen - I say the sooner the better!