July 1, 2008

recipe to try: strawberry cream cake


Cake, cream and berries… triple yum.

Believe me – this cake is every bit as tasty as it looks. I made it for a potluck dinner with friends last Saturday night, and it got rave reviews. I just had to share the recipe with you. If summertime makes you crave fresh berry desserts like I do then you’ve gotta give this recipe a try.

It's a cinch to make, and you can even make it up to a day ahead. I made a couple modifications to the recipe: instead of eggs and whole milk I used egg beaters and skim. The buttery cake was perfect for soaking up all the sweet strawberry juices. And the dollop of homemade whipped cream was heavenly.

Find the recipe here.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Kiki - I made this tonight for a BBQ and it was a huge success! Thank you!

Kristin said...

Hi Juju! I made it for a BBQ yesterday too! So easy, isn't it? I feel the need to make homemade whipped cream for everything now...