July 22, 2008

design inspiration: bathroom decorating

Before I can get to the point of this post, I have a confession to make - one that I'm embarrassed to admit to anyone who is not my husband or my dog (and frankly, the only reason they know is because they live with me). I’m just going to throw it out there {like ripping off a band-aid, right?} My favorite show on TV right now is "Denise Richards: It's Complicated".

I cannot believe I’m admitting this.

I remember months back seeing the commercials and thinking, oh good lord, here's another one looking to get another 15 minutes. What on earth could she possibly do with a reality show? {Am I really so quick to forget how deliciously addicting reality TV can be?}

So anyway, there I am a couple weeks ago doing some Sunday night channel surfing, when I end up on E! and an episode of “It’s Complicated” that was about 5 minutes in. Denise was in her reality-TV splendor, and I was hooked. Now I’m even Tivo-ing it.

A lot of the episodes feature scenes in Denise’s bathroom, and every time there is a bathroom scene, I find myself completely enamored with its loveliness. First of all, it’s huge with soft white walls framing a dark wood floor. The extra-long vanity is on one wall with an enormous framed mirror hanging above. On the counter sit vases of roses and framed family photos. A large round tufted ottoman swathed in soft, ultra-feminine shabby chic fabrics sits in front of a white fireplace and is the place for friends to perch and talk. On one end is the shower and on the other is a soaking tub with white painted cabinets that are perfectly distressed on either end. The bathroom exudes femininity and is just so pretty.

I’d love to have a bathroom like this to call my own, and if I did… I’d fill it up with these:


Mirrored Vanity from Lorin Marsh.
Neblina Chandelier from Ironies.
Rustic Bleached Out Bonnetiere From Heather & Company, Inc.
Cloverleaf Ottoman from 1st Dibs.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't feel bad at all! I spent some time watching 'the hills' for a while. it's amazing what is on tv these days (and what we will watch! ha ha. I love your blog - it's lovely...thanks for commenting!