Probably many people see open shelves and think, "but what about all the dust?" (I used to be one of them.) But, I don't know, this country-casual look is so warm, inviting, carefree that I say, dust be damned! To me, this look is worth the swipe of a dust cloth before using.
Here are some inspiration photos featuring open shelves. Really take a close look because the details in these are fabulous...
* kitchen perfection.
* loving the artwork on the upper shelves. a clever idea worth copying.
* i triple love those glass canisters on the counter. mine would be filled with skittles, m&m's and raisinettes!
* every kitchen needs a bread bin and scale.
* open shelving above AND below? tres chic.
* loving the chalkboards and retro stove.
* country casual at its finest.
That first picture? With the fireplace so big you could walk right into it with nary a stoop? I'm fairly certain that's exactly how I want my kitchen to some day look. At least today, anyway.
And now I want to know what you think... On which side do you fall: 'yes - I'm open to shelves' or 'heck no my dishes won't show'?
(Via White Trash Beautiful (domino mag), House Beautiful, decorology, White Trash Beautiful, Living Etc., House to Home, House to Home)