March 4, 2010

10 things: getting to know it's pretty good

I'm super excited to tell you that today's 10 Things are from the adorable Mary of pretty good! In case you haven't seen it, go on over right now to check it out in all its splendor. It's OK, I'll wait...

...

Oh good, you're back. What'd you think? Pretty amazing, no? I, for one, have seen no other blog like it. And no matter what kind of mood I'm in, just one peek at her photographs and lovely thoughts leaves me feeling pretty darn happy. And that's pretty good.

So let's get to know a little more about Mary, shall we?

I'd take the gold medal in: procrastination. I am an expert, a champion, and a total winner in this category of life. I can find anything and everything to do other than what I'm supposed to be doing.

If I didn't need to work: I'd stock myself up a fabulous prop room and take photos all day. And, to get myself out of the house and interact with humans, I'd also run a little corner flower shop (and take photos all day!)




The last time I cried: was probably during an ASPCA commercial.

Best thing I ever ate: was a double-garlic pizza from Santarpio's in Boston. OMG.

Favorite thing about my house: is that it's old. I mean, really old. Like, 220-years-old old. This, of course, comes with its own set of issues, and old homes are not for everyone. But, for me, to live in a house with so much history and character, with its hand hewn beams and quirky slanted floors, feels very special.



The chore I dread most: is cleaning the shower/bathtub. I fantasize about hiring a cleaning lady just for this specific activity.

You'll always find in my pantry: multiple bottles of Frank's Hot sauce, an obscene amount of miscellaneous condiments, and garlic powder.

My proudest moments: were marrying the love of my life in 2007. Opening my first shop. Being mentioned on my all-time, longtime favorite blog, decor8, not just once, but twice. And I'm looking forward to the moments yet to come. :)

It's worth the splurge: A really good balsamic vinegar. Dipping warm, crusty bread into a saucer of the good stuff is my idea of heaven.

My signature dish: is a three-way tie between my marinated feta, my bruschetta, and my braciole. I also make an oft-requested, knock-your-socks-off margarita using only fresh-squeezed lime juice, guava juice, triple sec, and tequila. It's a proven fact that if you make these for your neighbors when they swing by for a visit, they will never want to leave.



Um, Mary? I'm smitten. Would it be okay if I came over to play for a while? I love old things. Houses especially. And, well, I could really use a margarita. I'll bring the limes. ;)

Mary's also here and here and here. Oh my, she's busy!

9 comments:

kate said...

Adorable post. I want to come over too!!
velvetcupcakeskvf.blogspot.com

mary said...

Thanks so much for asking me...this was so fun to do! And you should come for a visit -- bring those 2 adorable babes with you and I'll show you around my creaky old house. And we can have margaritas! xo

karey m. said...

my GIRL!

i knew all these things about you. except why the heck you didn't list "opening my first shop" before marrying r?!

i'll never understand that.

i kid. xoxo.

k...i LOVE this feature! xoxo.

Dionne said...

Gorge images! And I love briacole! My grandma from Italy taught me how to make it, one of my faves!

Jen said...

I hate cleaning the shower too. Soap scum, ew! I think I'd rather fold laundry (probably my second-to-least fav chore) than clean the shower!

I'm coming over for one of those delicious margaritas too!

simplesong said...

yay - love this!

mulberry and marie said...

I love her photos, they are so sweet! This is a great feature, Kristin! Looking forward to the next one!

Elsa May said...

Wow - what a lovely person, I love that Mary's a "gold medal" procrastinator, and her photos are to die for - what lovely colours and lighting. Thanks for sharing!

Minnie said...

What a treat to get a behind-the-scenes look. I love this new feature.

I had to laugh at the comment about crying at an ASPCA commercial. Me too! Same with scummy bathrooms, I cry and it's the chore I dread most.

Anyway, I see what you mean about her blog, so lively and bright, in photos and posts.