November 5, 2008

table dressing

A bunch of catalogs arrived in the mail last night. As I flipped through, the table settings kept catching my eye, and so I was inspired to come up with a setting of my own. It's nice to mix and match styles for a personalized look, so here's how I'm setting my table:


It starts with the dinnerware. I love this understated white with pebble-textured rim collection from Pier-1. At $4-5 per piece, the price is right! To add a bit of pizazz to the table, I'm bringing in a beautiful line of stemware from Anthropologie with an etched floral pattern that is delicate and ethereal. The handmade pewter serving set from Uncommon Goods has a branch handle and maple leaf scoop... perfect for an autumn gathering! The simplicity of this flatware from Pottery Barn is striking. It's very sculptural. And finally, there's the placemat (also from PB). Layers of silkscreened "leaves" dress up any table.

Now all we need is the food!

Sandy Lane Dinnerware from Pier-1 ($4-5).
Horta Stemware from Anthropologie ($12).
Maple Leaf Serving Set from Uncommon Goods ($80).
Collins Flatware from Pottery Barn ($45 for a 5-piece setting).
Flocked Leaf Placemat from Pottery Barn ($69 set/6).

No comments: