November 17, 2008

design inspiration: white out

I feel like I've just closed the lid on the Halloween decorations bin, and already I've got Christmas on the brain. But you know? I totally don’t even mind. I love Christmas and say, the sooner the better! Listening to carols, baking sweet treats, decorating with twinkle lights. Love all of it. And so I have no problem whatsoever with getting in the Christmas spirit even if it is only the middle of November. Here are some lovely ideas for decorating when you’ve got a white palette. And you know how I feel about white…

Gold and Green pop in this neutral living room ; a simple white dining table is bedecked with vintage accessories; a snowy white bathroom is simply elegant with a single green wreath; and ok, so this bedroom doesn’t exactly scream Christmas, but I love it anyway and would give anything to have a little corner exactly like it.

By the way, I got these photos from BHG.com which is celebrating the holidays by doing "100 Days of Holidays" with a daily email full of ideas for the holiday season. They run the gamut from seasonal recipes and craft projects to decorating tips and gift list ideas. Each morning I flip through slide shows full of spectacular photos and walk away with more ideas than I can count. Looking for Thanksgiving ideas? Be sure to check it out!

1 comment:

Cupcakes and Cashmere said...

stunning...i'm all about monotone colored rooms.