September 5, 2008

they say a picture is worth a thousand words, but what about the frame?


It may not be a thousand, but I'm sure I can come up with a couple...

Ever since I opened an email from RianRae last week, I cannot get these True Love Frames out of my mind! The ornately carved frames remind me of castles with four little turrets pointing up to the sky, and if you look closely, you can see the initials T & L hidden away in the two tallest peaks declaring True Love. And I'm loving the chip carved frame. It looks like Tramp Art, a form of folk art dating back to the 1800’s. {I learned all about it when I asked my boss about a beautifully carved jewelry box she had sitting on her desk. I didn't realize it was actually a Tramp Art antique.} I’m sure all three of the finishes - gold, brown and natural - are pretty, but I think natural is tops.

RianRae True Love Frames, ($88)

{For more on Tramp Art, visit here.}

No comments: