June 27, 2008

you call that work?


(This T-shirt was spied in a souvenir shop window; it's also available here.)

I just got back from a three-day work trip to Kennebunkport, Maine. Even though most of my time was spent unpacking musty old boxes in an even mustier old house, I still saw enough of the pretty seaside city to fall in love with it.

A few things I learned in Maine: you can never eat too many lobster rolls * ocean air brings out the best in people * the sound of waves crashing on the shore is louder than the voices in your head telling you to stop running * the perfect end to any meal is a scoop of homemade raspberry swirl ice cream * waiting for your flight is much more comfortable in a rocking chair * and last but not least: always end each day with a phone call home to say “I love you and miss you and can’t wait to see you.”

No comments: