January 11, 2008

shed some light on me - part 2

Wow. That's the first thing I uttered when I spied these Bamboo Cloud Chandeliers at Rian Rae. The hand-crafted fixtures are stunning. Absolutely, breath-takingly stunning. I love the organic quality of the woven shades, and don't you think the natural shape is a bit reminiscent of bee hives?

I love to see products that are made using long-established techniques in new ways, and reading that the "geometric joints are hand-tied" further lends to the appeal of these gorgeous chandeliers. You better believe that I will be adding these to my "Dream Home Wish List," but for now I can only daydream of them hanging in their quiet beauty over my dining table. {sigh}

I'd also like to send a shout-out to Jeni Crawford for the launch of her new online shop, Rian Rae Interiors & Gifts. Jeni's got great taste and has sourced a delightful selection of unique and beautiful home furnishings and objects. I will come back again and again to see what new products she adds to her already fabulous collection.

No comments: