January 9, 2008

bright and beautiful

Livingetc. is the place to go for design inspiration. With it's bevy of gorgeous interiors, there's always something to delight. I can spend ridiculous amounts of time just scrolling through the lovely photo galleries and often go here for solutions to my decorating dilemmas. The site is a cinch to navigate, and I usually head straight to the Inspiration Gallery that's categorized by room, and then grouped by style, color and details. It couldn't be easier!

I've been really drawn to white rooms lately, so I focused today's search on just that. I'm sure it's because it's winter time in the Midwest, which makes it seem like it's dark all the time. I wake up and it's dark, I leave work from work and it's still dark. So pretty much the only time that it's actually light outside is when I am at work, and that's just not fair! Somehow seeing the airy, white rooms leaves me feeling refreshed, uplifted and ready to face another {dark} day. And I love the mix of the rustic wood pieces with the crisp white. It's such a great combination.

Here are a few {white} kitchen spaces that I find especially pleasing - and that are also a good antidote to the winter blues.

(From top: white shelving with eclectic mix of pots, white breakfast bar with rustic wood stools, another example of open white shelving, a chic family kitchen, and open shelves with a burst of citrus.)

No comments: