August 5, 2008

design inspiration: flickr finds

Here are few that I'm loving today. So without further ado...

Calm and Collected. Love. love. love. Soft white walls. Ebony floors. A weathered glass cabinet holding a tidy collection of glassware and dishes. And just that little peek into the dining room beyond leaves no doubt that it is as beautifully appointed. To me, this is design perfection. And pure inspiration.

(From the adorable Hannah of Honeypie Living on Flickr.)

Cottonblue. What a great idea for a wall of storage! I don't think I ever would have thought to put three mismatched bookcases side by side, and I'm amazed at how terrific they look together. Totally loving these colorful cases filled from top to bottom with trinkets and books.

(My Shelves by Cottonblue on Flickr.)


BrocanteGirl. Oh peaceful kitchen, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways… I love thee from the wall of contemporary white cabinets to the old wooden rack with its collection of plates and serving pieces. I love the country table with its weather-worn painted top sitting beside a bold black and white runner. The layering of neutral colors – grays, beiges and taupes – and easy pairing of modern and vintage styles is design at its best. Anyone would feel at home in this kitchen.

(Untitled by BrocanteGirl on Flickr.)

No comments: