August 7, 2008

design inspiration: colorful bedrooms

So, I know this may seem contrary to my usual love of white interiors, but I guess I'm in the mood for a little color today, and these bedrooms look just perfect to me. They are both fine examples of how to use a bold color on the walls. The blue room is beach house casual with white beadboard, industrial-inspired reading lamps and striped fabrics. It's all about simple lines and clean living. The pink room, on the other hand, is boho-chic with an antique iron bed, mounds of flowery pillows and a crystal chandelier. The pink-panel wall, collection of mirrors and plaid curtains add feminine charm and add to the cozy appeal of the space.

(Posh Living's Beach House Bedroom on Flickr.)


(Tammy Manet's Pink Room on Flickr.)

1 comment:

Sara Christine said...

So so beautiful. I wish I had the GUTS to paint my bedroom a crazy bold color. GUTS and a forgiving landlord. :)