August 19, 2008

recipe to try: cookie dough truffles


Bite-sized chunks of cookie dough covered in chocolate? Where do I sign up?

After I watched Paula making these easy-as-can-be-yet-so-delicious-looking-I-can-hardly-stand-it cookie dough truffles, I vowed that these would be my next dessert treat to try, and I ran right over to my laptop to get the recipe. {Well, I went online right after I cleaned up the puddle of drool on my coffee table.}

Don't they look amazing? Any cookie dough lover out there will appreciate these. We no longer have to feel guilty for our batches of cookies that yield half as much as the recipe calls for because we ate too much of the dough. This is dough that's meant to be eaten! And because sweetened condensed milk is added as the binder, we don't even need to worry about getting sick from raw eggs. {Getting sick from eating too many? Well, that's a different story.}

I can't wait to try the recipe. I'll let you know how it turns out... but if you beat me to it, please let me know what you think!

Cookie Dough Truffles
from Cooking with Paula Deen March/April 2007

Ingredients:
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
1 (14 oz.) can sweetened condensed milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup semi-sweet mini chocolate chips
1 cup finely chopped pecans
1-1/2 pounds chocolate bark candy coating, melted

Directions:
In a large bowl, beat butter and brown sugar with an electric mixer until creamy. Beat in milk and vanilla. Gradually beat in flour, mixing well. Add chocolate chips and pecans, mixing well. Flour your hands because dough will be sticky and shape into 1-inch balls. Place on waxed paper and let chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours.

Using 2 forks, dip cookie balls into candy coating to cover. Place on waxed paper and chill to set. Store in refrigerator.

Makes 5 dozen truffles.

No comments: