April 26, 2010

what's cooking: last week's menu

In a word: yum.

Monday - Chicken & Avocado on Croissants
Tuesday - Spaghetti & Meatballs (with homemade sauce)
Wednesday - Bean Chili
Thursday - leftovers
Friday - Cheesy Rigatoni with Chicken & Rosemary, a Side Salad and Yogurt Cake for dessert
Saturday - BBQ Chicken and Scalloped Tomatoes with Super Chocolately Rice Krispie Treats for dessert

Favorite? ohmigosh They were all so good! But if I had to pick only one it would be the Scalloped Tomatoes. Picture this: chunks of sauteed crusty bread mixed with plump tomatoes, garlic and basil and topped with parmesan cheese. After a short time in the oven, out comes a dish of bubbling tomato-y goodness underneath a layer of browned cheese. Believe me when I say I could have eaten the whole thing. It's a good thing we had guests so I didn't try. Are you drooling yet?

Sorry I don't have a picture of the Star Dish of the week. I will most definitely be making this again - and soon! - and so I'll be sure to take a picture then.

No least this week. Again! We're on a roll. ;)

Here's a picture of the spaghetti...




I just had to make something of Jamie's after watching his show. He inspired me so much! (If you haven't seen it, check it out online -- it's a major eye opener about the sad state of affairs going on in our schools.) My only modification was to add one diced onion, a minced clove of garlic and about 8 ounces of wilted spinach. It was so tasty and easy. So much so that I'm not sure I'd go back to buying jarred sauce again.

4 comments:

Robyn Thompson said...

yogurt cake - yum!

mulberry and marie said...

Everything sounds so yummy!

Kifus said...

Oh Kristin I looove Jamie Oliver! I often visit his blog and I've made many of his recipes. You must try his risotto, it is truly awesome.

Now I must see these shows of his. Thanks for the link.

Cheers!

Elsa May said...

Yum! I'm going to try those meatballs and sauce....