January 19, 2010

what's cooking: last week's menu

2 weeks in. I officially made it two weeks!
Without further ado, here's last week's menu:

Monday - Ginger Salmon with Mashed Edamame and No Pudge! Brownies for dessert
Tuesday - Chicken & Avocado Napoleons with Tomato Feta Salad and Herbed Orzo (brownies for dessert)
Wednesday - Chicken Pot Pie and Arugula Salad
Thursday - leftovers
Friday - Turkey Burger Bites and Glazed Carrots (shamefully, many many handfuls of chocolate chips for dessert)

Hands-down favorite: Chicken & Avocado Napoleons. In a word: Craveable. (I haven't stopped thinking about the yummy sandwiches.)
Least favorite: Pot pie. Too much effort for not a lot of wow.

Here are a few pics:



Top: chicken potpie and arugula salad, bottom: chicken & avocado napoloens, orzo and tomato feta salad

8 comments:

Dionne said...

Oh my goodness. This all looks and sounds amazing. Delicious!

Meg said...

mmm these look fantastic! also, you have been leaving the sweetest comments on my posts lately. thank you - they brighten my day :)
xo meg

Jen said...

Those sandwiches and the tomato salad looks so light and yummy!

And the chicken pot pie looks delish as well; I'm a huge fan of chicken pot pie. Such a comfort food!

iheartkiwi said...

those chicken and avo. napoleons sound amazing! you'll have to share the recipe!

Anonymous said...

Krisin,

You are way to cute, and inspire me to get out of my rut of making the same things over and over. We need to swap recipes. Tonight- I'm making a shrimp stir-fry.

Cindy said...

Hey cute girl...I just stumbled upon your fun blog....Im wondering though...why arent you sharing your recipes for your yummy meals!!? Im hungry and in a rut!! I need help!!!
Just thought I'd ask.

Kristin @ Contented Me said...

Hi Cindy! I'm more than happy to share the recipes. I just haven't posted them all because a) a lot of the recipes are hardcopy, so b) I don't have the time to rewrite them or try to find them in an online version. but I'll do my best going forward!

any in particular that you'd like? I'm happy to share. ;)

Kristin @ Contented Me said...

Hi HeartKiwi - here's the link for the Chicken/Avocado Napoleons (from Foodnetwork - Giada at Home).

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/grilled-chicken-and-avocado-napoleons-recipe/index.html

I didn't do the mayo, though, because I'm not a fan of mayo so I just used a good honey mustard.

I still haven't stopped thinking about them... I have to make them again soon!