Hello, Dear Friends. Happy Holidays. Happy New Year.
Sorry for not dropping by for so long. I was quite busy tree trimming, hall decking and figgy pudding making. All the other minutes were spent tending to my wildebeasts (thanks Karey!), which didn't leave much for blogging.
Now the holidays are behind us, with the only evidence of our merry-making being the specks of glitter and fir needles that keep showing up no matter how hard I try to get rid of them.
I always look forward to ringing in a new year because it's a time to reflect on the past and look forward to what's to come. It's a time to think about how we might like to adjust what we're doing to make life a little better, a time to gather up the courage to try something new and a time to escape into the memories of last year.
I have a little tradition of reading last year's planner before I replace it. It's a journal of activities. It was especially fun to read last year's planner because I was pregnant for most of it, and I can totally remember the excitement of each doctor's visit simply by seeing "Dr. C - 3:00 PM." I recommend you do the same. It's really fun to see how you kept busy for the past 12 months.
Anyway, I've been doing a bit of reflecting and refreshing and for 2010 I've a few things I'd like to try. Call them resolutions if you'd like.
1. Practice patience. For my children. For my husband. For myself.
2. My 2010 mantra - never let what matters most give way to what matters least.
3. Eat fresh, balanced meals to fuel my body with what it needs to stay strong and healthy.
4. Nurture my creative side - reading, writing, crafting.
5. Live in the present. Cherish the moments.
6. Get back into a regular yoga practice. More than anything, yoga builds confidence.
7. Cut myself some slack, for I know that perfect doesn't equal happy.
8. Take more pictures. (And learn how to use my super-cool new camera!)
9. A carry-over from last year: perfect the headstand. I wasn't able to stick with it last year since I was pregnant, and so I have to work on this one again.
So there's my list, up there for the whole world to see. It feels good to share it with you, my lovely readers, because I know that your being here will help me stay on track. And for that, I thank you. I probably don't tell you enough how much an inspiration you are to me. I read all of your blogs and am continually awed by the amazing thoughts, ideas and photos you thrill me with each day. The fact that you take time to come here and read me is really very humbling. Thank you for being here, supporting me, without even knowing me.
Let's welcome in 2010 together. I think it's going to be a great year.