November 19, 2007

gets me thinking

In the spirit of the Thanksgiving season, I got to thinking that it would be a good idea to start a "what I'm thankful for" list. It's a way for me to stop and recognize the things that have made me smile and show my gratitude to the people who brighten my day. In these days of madly rushing from one thing to the next (especially now that the holidays are here), I think it is so important to observe all the good that is in my life.

So, here's a few things I am thankful for:

Keri's homemade pumpkin bread
The delicious "Me Want Cookie" cookies that Wade so generously shared with me!
Baking nights with Jen - and the sweet treats we come up with.
Knowing that I'll be home to see my parents in just 3 days!
Saturday night with my Deetah.
Scooter's!
Lazy Sunday night at "sofa-city" with Wade.
Phone calls with Em, Kevin & Matt.
My Jazz station on Pandora - the music really calms me!
Turning 30.

I'm going to try to keep this up throughout the season, and I hope it will keep me grounded during all the holiday hullabaloo.

No comments: