January 4, 2012

happy new year!

I am s l o w l y getting myself back in the routine after such a nice, refreshing break. All the Christmas stuff is put away, and I'm trying to find homes for the many new toys for the Twinkies. (A toy purge is definitely in the works.) All in all, our holiday was just lovely. How was yours?

Of course with a new year comes the chance to reflect on what's passed and to plan for my future. Here are a few things on my list for '12:

find a new yoga class.

learn how to (properly) use my camera.

wear heels more often. (like these!)

plan weekly date nights with the hubs.

eat fresher. eat greener.

work on empathy.

put together our wedding album.

and a doozie, which I realize is not entirely in my control, but I would certainly love to see happen in 2012:

sell our house and find a new one in the ‘burbs!


So, some big, some small, some that come with not much effort and others that require serious time and attention. And one that might need a little luck, too.

But I do think twenty-twelve is going to be a great year. Don’t you?

xo, Kristin


PS - I really love her list too.

11 comments:

Mary said...

Good list, and yes I feel optimistic about 2012 too. Life keeps getting better and better... I'm glad you had a wonderful holiday. Happy New Year!

Meg said...

this is a great list! and so exciting that you're thinking of moving... 2012 will be a big year :)

designchic said...

My biggest is organizing my life...working on closets this morning. Need to add a few of yours - Happy New Year!!

Elsa May said...

Happy New Year Kristin! A great list - I very much enjoyed the article on empathy - certainly something the world could use more of. I think 2012 is going to be such a good year - tippy top of my to-do list for this year is make time to read more :) Have a wonderful Sunday. Best, Annie x

Kifus said...

Hi Kristin! Hope you get to cross out everything on your list, including moving to the suburbs! I have still yet to make my new year's list, thanks for the reminder!

Glad you had a nice holiday!

Dionne said...

Yay for 2012. I want to take up yoga too. I need to get on that!

Kifus said...

Hey Kristin, wonder where you are.

Vanessa said...

Hi,

I came across your site kec-contentedme.blogspot.com while searching Google for blogs talking about growing/gardening equipment and related keywords and was wondering if you'd be open to doing a sponsored blog post.

We have a site that growing/gardening equipment and are looking for more exposure online.

Our budget for this is initially $20 for the post and we would give you the blog post (gardening related & already written) as well as a picture to post. All you would have to do is post it.

Here's a sample post we did on another blog: http://homefurniturebiz.com/grow-lights/

We're really just testing out different bloggers, and if you bring some good traffic, we're totally open to doing an annual banner ad!

Also if you have some other blogs, please send them over and I'll take a look and we might be open to doing a post on those as well!

Let me know if you'd be open to this!

Regards,

Vanessa
vanessac@lashopmail.com

toko baju muslim said...


Beautifull photos and great blog, especially for me thanks.

HelicaSilvaBamber said...

http://www.bristolhairandbeauty.com

Clipping Path Service said...

Nice article as well as whole site.Thanks for sharing.